This is the extended version on PC (MS Windows) of the previous Machine Drawing Understanding System (MDUS) developed by Dr. Liu Wenyin (www.cs.cityu.edu.hk/~liuwy) as part of his PhD thesis using the methods published in the following papers. You may select appropriate papers to cite if you wish to use our code.
- Liu Wenyin and D. Dori, “Object-Process Based Graphics Recognition Class Library: Principles and Applications”, Software: Practice and Experience. Vol. 29, No. 15, pp. 1355-1378, 1999.
- D. Dori and Liu Wenyin, “Automated CAD Conversion with the Machine Drawing Understanding System”, IEEE Trans. on Systems Man and Cybernetics - Part A - Systems and Humans, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 411-416, 1999.
- D. Dori and Wenyin Liu, “Sparse Pixel Vectorization: An Algorithm and Its Performance Evaluation”. IEEE Trans. on PAMI, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 202-215, 1999.
- Liu Wenyin and D. Dori, “A Generic Integrated Line Detection Algorithm and Its Object-Process Specification”. Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU), Special Issue on Document Image Understanding and Retrieval, Vol. 70, No. 3, pp. 420-437, 1998.
- Liu Wenyin and D. Dori, “Incremental Arc Segmentation Algorithm and Its Evaluation”. IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 424-431, 1998.
- Liu Wenyin and Dov Dori, “A Protocol for Performance Evaluation of Line Detection Algorithms”, Machine Vision and Applications, Special Issue on Performance Characteristics of Vision Algorithms, Vol. 9, No. 5/6, pp. 240-250, 1997.
- Liu Wenyin, “Example-Driven Graphics Recognition”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2396 (Caelli, T.; Amin, A.; Duin, R.P.W.; Kamel, M.; Ridder, D.de, (eds.) Structural, Syntactic, and Statistical Pattern Recognition, SSPR2002), 2002, pp. 168-176.
- Gao J., Tang L., Liu W. and Tang Z., “Segmentation and Recognition of Texts in Engineering Drawings”, Proc. of 3rd International Conference on Document Analysis & Recognition, Montreal, Canada, pp. 528-531, Aug. 13-15, 1995.
- Liu W., D. Dori, Tang L. and Tang Z. “Object Recognition in Engineering Drawings Using Planar Indexing”, Proc. of 1st International Workshop on Graphics Recognition, Penn. State Univ., PA, USA, pp. 53-61, August 9-11, 1995.
- Liu W. and D. Dori, “Genericity in Graphics Recognition Algorithms”, Graphics Recognition -- Algorithms and Systems, eds. K. Tombre and A. Chhabra, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 1389, pp. 9-21, Springer, April, 1998.
- D. Dori, Liu W. and M. Peleg, “How to Win a Dashed Line Detection Contest”, Graphics Recognition -- Methods and Applications, eds. R. Kasturi and K. Tombre, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 1072, pp. 286-300, Springer-Verlag, May, 1996.
- D.Sc. Dissertation, Algorithms for 2D Engineering Drawings Recognition: Implementation and Evaluation. Advisor: Dr. Dov Dori, Faculty of Industrial Engineering and Management, Technion--Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel, 1998.
The performance evaluation protocol of graphics recognition algorithms 6 (published in MVA, 1997) has been frequently used as performance evaluation protocol in quite a few related contests (GREC2001, 2003, 2005, 2009, and 2011).
The system also participated in the series of GREC contests many times (1995, 1997, 1999, 2007, 2009 and 2011) and especially won the first place in the Dashed Line Detection Contest during GREC1995. It was also evaluated as the best system for mechanical engineering drawings recognition among the three participants in the Graphics Recognition Contest during GREC1997. The system is committed as an open source project at http://code.google.com/p/vrliu/.